Our quality microfibre cloths are crafted from a blend of polyester and nylon (polyamide) ultra-fine fibres that are woven to create various textured finishes, each designed to cater to different cleaning needs. They are highly effective for cleaning glass, plastic, and mirrors, dusting diverse hard surfaces such as leather, wood, chrome, and metal, and polishing and buffing smooth solid surfaces to achieve a brilliant shine, among other uses.
Light and reusable, they make life that little bit easier and your job a whole lot more efficient, achieving that professional finish for half the effort. With millions of fibres, microfibre cloths lift and hold dirt, liquids, grease, fingerprints, grime, and even bacteria.
Top Tips for Using Microfibre Cloths
For Dusting, use a dry Microfibre Cloth for maximum effectiveness. The microfibre has a unique ability to attract dirt, pet hair, dust, and small particles through static electricity, similar to a magnet, from the way the fibres rub together making positive and negative energy. These particles get stuck in the textured fabric, which has splits between the fibres, so the particles don’t just re-scatter like with regular dusters.
The soft pliable cloth helps it reach effectively into corners and other hard-to-reach areas or uneven surfaces, maximising the quality of cleanliness achieved.
To clean the cloth after light dusting duties, shake the cloth outside to remove all the loose dust and it is ready for the next job. You shouldn’t need to wash the cloth after every use, only when it has become dull, soiled or heavily dirty.
For Cleaning and Polishing, slightly dampen the cloth or surface with water and wipe the cloth over the face of the item(s), letting the microfibers do the work. Chemical cleaners not containing bleach or toxic substances can be used to help break up stubborn dirt and grime but remember to wash the cloth after use. Using a second dry microfibre cloth, to wick away any moisture, is the quickest way to achieve a radiant, streak-free finish.
Soaking the cloths or surfaces reduces the effectiveness of the microfibres.
For Buffing, use a dry heavy/luxury-weight Microfiber cloth and gently rub it over the polished or waxed surface bringing out that extra shine and gleam without leaving streaks or marks.
- Before using the cloth damp for the first time, soak the cloth in HOT water for 5-10 minutes and rinse out. This is not required to use the cloth effectively; however, this will ensure a streak and lint-free finish.
- If you have a new cloth, you haven’t yet used, try using the cloth damp to wipe away any filmy residue.
- To use the cloth to clean windows, glass and mirrors just lightly sprinkle the cloth with water or use a spray bottle filled with water to mist the area and proceed to clean. Or dampen half the cloth with water, leaving the other half dry. Wipe mirrors with the damp side of the cloth, and then do a quick “wipe over” with the dry side of the cloth for the most sparkling effect!
- Hand or machine wash the cloths in warm or hot (40 degrees) water with detergent. Hot water makes the microfibers expand releasing trapped dirt and micro particles but too hot causes shrinkage.
- Air dry or tumble dry on low heat.
- Do not wash with terry towels or textiles that “shed” a lot of lint.
- Do NOT use bleach, toxic chemicals or fabric softeners, as they reduce the quality and life of the cloth.